I Think My Spouse Has Dementia. Are There Doctors in Round Rock Who Specialize in Dementia?

May 14, 2024 | Signs, Symptoms and Science of Dementia

Seeing Potential Signs of Dementia In Your Spouse?

The first thing you should do is see your primary care physician. Because they know your spouse and their medical history well, your family doctor should be able to quickly notice behaviors or symptoms that are out of the ordinary.

To learn more about dementia specialists in the Round Rock, Texas area, watch the video below.

After a Dementia Diagnosis

After an initial dementia diagnosis is made, your doctor may refer your family to a local specialist, who can confirm the diagnosis and determine which type of dementia your spouse is experiencing.

Some types of dementia specialists include:

  • Geriatricians
  • Geriatric Psychiatrists
  • Neurologists
  • Geropsychologists

You Are Not Alone In This

If you think your spouse may have dementia, or if they’ve recently been diagnosed, we can help. We know you want the best life possible for your spouse and that doesn’t change with a dementia diagnosis.

Need information or support? Call us at 512-399-5080.

You are not alone. We’re here to help.